Organization: Kentucky Waterways Alliance
About this position:
Kentucky Waterways Alliance is seeking our next Watershed Program Director to lead our efforts to improve waterways across our state in partnership with the people that live, work, and play in those watersheds.
Who We Are
KWA has a 29-year history of success in our mission to protect, restore, and celebrate the waterways of Kentucky. We are a non-profit membership organization based in Louisville and working across the state in four coordinated program areas: Watershed Management, Water Policy, Community Engagement, and Development.
Kentucky Waterways Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What We Need
The Watershed Program Director plays a vital role on a small team, leading the Watershed Management Program. Through Watershed Management, KWA works with local stakeholders to protect, restore, and celebrate waterways large and small. We have helped to form watershed councils, written plans, conducted studies, performed restoration, raised funds for local groups, partnered with agencies and civic groups, and other innovative approaches to improving waterways health for the people and wildlife that use the streams, now and into the future. More information is available about the program on our website at www.kwalliance.org/watershed-planning.html.
The qualifications and experience we seek are as follows.
• At least 5 years’ experience in watershed planning and management, including experience working with volunteer groups and managing projects
• At least 2 years’ experience applying for and winning grant funding and/or managing grant projects
• Bachelors degree in related field
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including willingness and ability to work as part of a team and with diverse groups
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the mission of Kentucky Waterways Alliance
• Capabilities with and/or willingness to learn information technology applications, such as Microsoft Office, Teams and Zoom, and Google Mail and Calendar software
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the state of Kentucky and occasionally to national meetings
• Valid driver’s license
What We Offer
The Watershed Program Director is a full-time professional position. At KWA our standard work week is four days. We have a minimum 32-hour week from Monday through Thursday, 8 hours/day, with Fridays off. We still get our work done in this time by focusing and being organized when we are at work so we can have a healthy work-life balance. Occasionally we need to work up to 40 hours in a given week to complete tasks.
Pay will be commensurate with experience in the range of $50,000 to $55,000 per year. Benefits include: 15 paid holidays/year, 2 weeks/year vacation leave, 52 hours/year sick leave, partial work-from-home with $60/month stipend, health insurance (medical insurance 50% paid by KWA for the employee; dental, vision, and life insurance fully paid by KWA), retirement account with matching contribution up to 3%, and professional development support.
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for two references electronically to email@example.com or by mail. No telephone calls please. Position is currently open and will remain open until filled.More information and application can be found here.