Organization: Tri-State Trails
On April 7, you are invited to join with bereaved families and communities as we remember the lives of those pedestrians and bicyclists in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky who have died in car crashes in the past year. Activists, elected officials and community members will join together to say that one death is too many and to pledge to take action to reduce traffic fatalities.
4:00-5:00 pm on the Purple People Bridge
Speakers include Wade Johnston (Tri-State Trails), Shawna Rodriguez, and representatives from Vision Zero NKY, Vision Zero Cincinnati, KYTC and ODOT.
A ceremony will honor those killed in 2020 and attendees will be invited to take the following pledge:
- I won't drive, bike or walk distracted
- I will drive the speed limit
- I will come to a full stop at stop signs
- I won't accelerate through a yellow light
- I will be patient when I am driving
- I will remember the humanity of other road users
- I will slow down in inclement weather
- I will make myself visible when walking and biking
- I will yield to pedestrians when they cross the street
- I will give bicyclists 3 feet of space when passing