Organization: Common Roots, Enright Urban EcoVillage
John Talmadge, author of The Cincinnati Arch: Learning from Nature in the City will be speaking as a part of the Nature in the City Series.
A wilderness lover relocates to the Rust Belt and learns from his children and his neighborhood how to value urban nature as a scene of delight and instruction.
• Author of three books and numerous essays on nature, culture, literature, and human values
• Teacher with thirty years’ experience in doctoral and undergraduate education
• Leader in national organizations devoted to environmental studies, nature writing, and ecocriticism
• Reviewer for more than fifteen trade and university presses
• Editor for University of Virginia Press series, “Under the Sign of Nature: Explorations in Ecocriticism”
• Ph.D. from Yale University, A.B. from Dartmouth College
For more information visit www.enrightecovillage.org