Organization: Citizens' Climate Lobby
About the opportunity:
To solve the climate crisis, Citizens’ Climate Lobby empowers people to use the tools of democracy to build political will for climate solutions in Congress. This 15-week Climate Advocacy Certificate Program is for anyone interested in learning and applying CCL’s methods for climate action. Participants learn how to lobby their members of Congress, use social media for climate advocacy, write and submit letters-to-the-editor, perform grassroots and grasstops outreach, and more. Those who successfully complete the program will receive CCL’s Certificate of Completion, and if they are enrolled at a school the next semester, can interview to join CCL's Campus Leaders Program to start a climate campaign or CCL chapter at their school. In addition, participants receive information about internships, events, actions, and other opportunities with CCL and partner organizations. Throughout the program, participants will:
- Attend at least nine sessions of CCL’s Core Volunteer Trainings, held Tuesday evenings at 8pm ET, and post in the discussion forum reflections inspired by that week’s training.
- Attend a CCL (virtual) conference.
- Write and submit a letter-to-the-editor or op-ed.
- Participants have the option to:
- Join their local CCL chapter.
- Participate in a lobby meeting with the office of a member of Congress.
- Join a call with a regional fellow or student engagement coordinator to discuss further involvement.
- Connect with a buddy in the program.
Anyone is welcome to join regardless of age or student status. No application or prerequisites are necessary. The program is free for fall 2023 and runs from September 12th through December 13th, 2023. The program takes about two hours a week and academic credit is possible through arrangement with the student's academic institution. Register by September 8th to participate!
Questions? Please email email@example.com
More information can be found here.