Organization: Cincinnati Parks
Join Cincinnati Parks in adding to a century of community science by joining National Audubon Society’s 122nd Annual Christmas Bird Count!
The Christmas Bird Count is an early-winter bird census, where thousands of volunteers across the U.S., Canada, and many countries in the Western Hemisphere go out over a 24-hour period on one calendar day to count birds.
The dates for our local counts are scheduled for December 19 in the West Region, and December 26 in the East Region. We will be meeting at 8:00am each day, break at noon for lunch, and reconvene before the afternoon shift. The afternoon shift will be from 12:30 - 5:00pm. If you can only bird for a half-day, we are happy to have you! If you intend on participating for a whole day, please sign up for both time slots.
Volunteers will be paired with seasoned birders. Please note that requirements for this opportunity are:
- Must have own transportation
- Must have basic knowledge of local bird species
- Must be 14 years or older; children must be accompanied by a guardian
- Participants must be able to move themselves along trails, over uneven ground, up and down hills, and across bridges and streams
- This event is rain or shine; be prepared to bird in any weather conditions
- Participants will be required to have a face mask with them at all times, to be worn when a distance of 6 ft cannot be maintained
If you meet these conditions, please sign up online at better impact.
If you have any questions, please email Nicole.email@example.com
The link to sign up is https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/3ef7a4d9-44cf-40b9-aa64-6068529691e0/Activity/ab4bc41e-14d7-493f-a4f2-307604c007b6/1.