Green Umbrella is excited to present the 14th Annual Great Outdoor Weekend on Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24, 2017. This outdoor events sampler will give residents of Greater Cincinnati the opportunity to experience the best outdoor recreation and nature awareness programs available in the region. Participants can enjoy over 100 free events at 40 different locations throughout the area over two days. This perennial favorite is expected to draw 10,000 visitors.
Some of this year’s activities include:
- Learning to kayak, canoe or fish;
- Outdoor art-making from reused and natural materials;
- Discovering the plants and animals that call our region home;
- Gazing at the stars and diving into hands-on STEM activities;
- Exploring the landscape with orienteering skills and scavenger hunts;
- Harvesting honey and celebrating honey bees and other pollinators.
All of these activities plus many more are available to adults and children FREE of charge during Great Outdoor Weekend, one of the largest events of its kind in the country. This year’s event weekend features new and unique partnerships to bring diverse programs to transit-accessible locations, activating greenspace within the urban core.
WHEN: September 23-24, 2017; all day
WHERE: Over 40 locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati region
To view more information on specific events held by participating organizations, go to: www.GreatOutdoorWeekend.org.
Great Outdoor Weekend is presented by Green Umbrella and MeetMeOutdoors.com, the Tri-State’s year-round guide to the outdoors. Sponsors for this event include The Cincinnati Wild Flower Preservation Society and Interact for Health.