Organization: Green Umbrella
About the position:
Green Umbrella has a new opportunity focused on leading its human resources and culture initiatives. The position will focus on fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace, championing a culture valuing individual strengths, and advocating for procedural equity in Greater Cincinnati's broader environmental community.
The position will:
- Be a “team of one” comfortable with handling strategic and tactical core HR functions including but not limited to staffing, recruiting, and retention; compensation and benefits; performance management and professional development; employee relations; safety and health; and assisting with strategic planning for organizational growth and change management.
- Lead our internal culture work, including collaboration with VIA Institute on Character on strengths-based workplace and wellness, as well as racial equity culture, etc.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics using the available data sources (ex., spreadsheets, databases, HRIS, etc.).
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters, serving on the leadership team for the organization.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Five (5) years of experience in human resource management or organization development with demonstrated progressive growth and responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience
- Exemplary interpersonal, oral and writing skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- HR Certification (SHRM-SCP or SPHR) preferred
- Pay range of $70,000 to $85,000 annually, commensurate with experience and hours worked
Why Work at Green Umbrella
- Rewarding Mission
- Generous Paid Time Off and Other Paid Leave Options (Holidays, Bereavement, Parental Bonding)
- Health Insurance (100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period))
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid office hours
- At Green Umbrella, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.
Submit a cover letter and resume (preferably as a single PDF) to email@example.com. First review will take place August 31, 2023 but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.