Organization: Great Parks of Hamilton County
About this position:
Title: Training Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $20.34- $25.43 per hour
Join our HR team at Great Parks of Hamilton County as the Training Specialist! At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations.
Be a part of an inclusive organization that enriches the region by inspiring nature-based experiences, celebrating cultural heritage and building strong and healthy communities through our dedicated staff, volunteers and friends.
Great Parks of Hamilton County is currently accepting applications for a Training Specialist. A successful person in this role:
- Develops effective and innovative talent development strategies.
- Develops and conducts engaging talent development programming for staff development. Coordinates and administers the learning management system.
- Delivers new employee orientation welcome program.
- Provides learning opportunities to promote the culture of Great Parks of Hamilton County.
- Coordinates and administers the learning management system (LMS); offers LMS expertise to organizational members to promote self-directed learning.
- Delivers group and individual instruction and training including new hire orientation.
- Develops training curricula and/or recommends or utilizes vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Participates and supports leadership development initiatives and safety training.
- Supports learning that complements the diversity, equity and inclusion strategies of the organization.
- Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Selects or develops training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Coordinates or performs administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Assists in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals and divisions.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Assists with employee relations as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to team members.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, education, communication or other related field required.
- 3-5 years of training & development experience
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting organization-wide talent development programs
- Proficient with learning management systems
- Experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Strong delivery, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Thorough understanding adult learning principles
LICENSE OF CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License that meets GPHC current carrier guidelines.
Typical starting hourly salary range for the position will be $20.34- $25.43 depending on experience.
This position is posted until filled.
Benefits include membership in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, medical, dental, vision, paid life ins, 11 paid holidays, paid sick days, paid vacation and more!
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.
More information and application can be found here.