Organization: Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
About the position:
THIS POSITION IS CLOSED.
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful (KCB) is seeking a Safe and Clean Grant Coordinator to join a forward thinking, growing Cincinnati non-profit that makes our region cleaner, safer, healthier and more connected. KCB’s mission is to empower all Cincinnatians to build community and create a positive future through revitalization, education, and mobilization.
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful seeks an enthusiastic, inclusive, community-minded individual to conduct community outreach and administer the Safe & Clean Neighborhood Fund. The City of Cincinnati Safe & Clean Neighborhood Fund is designed to support and encourage community-based efforts to improve safety, eliminate blight, and increase livability through neighborhood-level problem-solving approaches and projects. Historically these resources are dispersed as grants to neighborhood groups four times per year. Note: This position is contingent upon the annual City of Cincinnati budget, fiscal year running July 1st-June 30th.
The Safe and Clean Grant Coordinator is a full-time position (32 hours/week), with benefits. The pay range is $22-24 per hour, based on experience and they report directly to the Development Manager. Keep Cincinnati Beautiful staff are currently working in a hybrid remote/in-person setting. This position includes mileage reimbursement.
● Sick leave accrual of approx. 1 day per month, up to 90 days
● Flexible work schedule & hybrid setup (Work from home, office, and in the field) ● Networking opportunities with professionals and community organizations ● Some KCB-branded attire provided
Administration of Safe & Clean Funds:
● Market, coordinate, disperse, and manage ~$500,000 of grant funding annually for community driven projects.
● Provide support for grantees and prospective grantees, maintain communication and conduct site visits throughout the grant period.
● Maintain organized records of grant applications, awards, invoices, and reports.
● Coordinate reviews of grant applicants with the Safe & Clean Committee following application deadlines.
● Ensure that grant projects comply with program guidelines for expenditure, funding, and accountability.
● Collaborate with fellow team members to implement cross-program initiatives.
● Assist with organization-wide fundraising and volunteer events including Cincy Block Party, Love Thy ‘Nati Celebration, Breakfast of Champions, and volunteer cleanups.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree is recommended, but not required.
● At least 1-2 years of experience in grant-making, nonprofit sector grant management or administration.
● Preferred: Experience working with City Council, City Administration, and grass-roots organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to build inclusive relationships with a wide range of people, including community, government, and corporate partners.
● Organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task.
● Ability to manage and balance complex budgets.
● Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
● Driven self-starter dedicated to making everything they touch the best it can be.
● Familiarity with submission management systems.
● Ability to work flexible hours, with occasional evening and weekend engagements.
● Knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration.
● Knowledge of the organization, functions and activities of the various sectors of the City, and those of other governmental agencies.
● Ability to prepare meaningful and informative special and regular financial and statistical reports.
Characteristics of a KCB team member:
● Clear Communicator – We value open and honest communication as a means of creating efficiency, understanding and progress.
● Respectful – We take great pride in our team, starting with a foundation of trust and respect.
● Problem Solver – We anticipate problems, seek new solutions, and always do our best.
● Community Minded – We take great pride in our work and community.
● Mindful – Practice warmth and genuine connection with others.
● Relentless – We love life and work and know our purpose in it.
● Team Player – We step up and ask, “How can I help?”.
● Reliable – We hold ourselves and others to high standards and are serious about our culture.
● Inclusive – We celebrate diversity and welcome inclusivity to foster belonging.
● Trustworthy – We say what we mean and do what we say.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until July 21st.
Send a PDF of your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
As an equal opportunity employer, Keep Cincinnati Beautiful is strongly committed to growing and retaining a diverse team that creates an inclusive workplace which harnesses each voice to collectively advance KCB’s mission.
More information can be found here.