We are looking for a full-time Project Manager professional to support our Solar and Geothermal Division. As a small-medium sized business in the emerging energy efficiency and renewable energy space, our goal is to grow sales 30% per year and become a national leader. The ideal candidate will be able to provide the foundation necessary to support such growth.
The position supports all solar and geothermal projects by planning, directing, and coordinating all activities of solar installation projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position will report directly to the Vice President & General Manager, Melink Solar & Geo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and approve budgets before proposals are delivered to clients.
• Draft, review, and deliver AIA Contracts to sub-contractors.
• Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Confer with internal and external project stakeholders to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget.
• Provide a monthly forecast of Revenue/COGS, based on the project schedule
• Prepare project status reports for management, client, or others. Regularly meeting with the client and relevant stakeholders
• Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
• Serve as the primary liaison for the respective region to Business Development Manager, Project Engineer, Customers, Internal and External Resources, and Management regarding all project-related items.
• Assist/complete designs of solar PV systems, if the candidate possesses an electrical engineering background.
• On-site supervision as required.
• Up to 50% travel required.
• Any other job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or three+ years related experience and; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PMP or like certifications preferred
• NABCEP certification preferred
• Electrical Engineering experience preferred
• Solar PV system maintenance or design experience a plus
• Confidence in working with high-voltage AC & DC circuitry
• Must be willing to work on ladders and man-lifts
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must have superior customer service skills (i.e., excellent written and verbal communication skills, high emotional intelligence, positive attitude, and a servant-leadership philosophy).
• Proven problem-solving record desired.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity, and a penchant for high quality.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of self-accountability.
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and/or Smartsheets
• Experience with ERP (SAP) systems desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The travel required for this position is 50%.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Extreme Ownership - Takes personal responsibility for outcomes and perseveres in the face resistance or setbacks. Pursues everything with energy and drive.
• Subject Matter Expertise - Excels at his/her professional function, regularly demonstrating and sharing the depth of knowledge and skills. Is a quick study.
• Clear & Candid Communication - Ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed; has the courage to say what needs to be said.
• Building Collaborative Relationships- Cultivates trusting, respectful, professional relationships with colleagues and customers over time.
• Planning & Problem-Solving - Takes the steps necessary to deliver high-quality results, on time, and on budget.
• Continuous Improvement - Constantly seeks ways to improve the internal and external customer experience by delivering better, faster, or less expensive products and services.