Organization: Environmental Protection Agency
This position is in the Office of Research and Development (ORD), Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER).
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About the Office of Research and Development.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Design, develop, and implement an outreach strategy to engage and grow relationships with local K-12 and university Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) leaders that includes but is not limited to facility tours, internship/mentorship programs, and science related events/celebrations at EPA Cincinnati and community wide;
- Coordinate, facilitate, and prepare EPA scientists and engineers to work and engage with students in the local K-12 community and participate in internal and external internship/mentorship programs;
- Serve on Agency and ORD committees and panels regarding STEM functions and issues while professionally representing CESER and EPA in Cincinnati;
- Develop and create STEM program briefing materials, reports, and performance metrics for CESER senior management;
- Serve as a contracting officer representative to develop and administer grants or contracts to support the program.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.