Organization: Green Umbrella
Food Systems Analyst
Green Umbrella seeks a mixed-methods research analyst to support the metrics tracking and reporting of the Greater Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council, an initiative of Green Umbrella. The Food Systems Analyst will help organizational partners develop, track and report shared metrics on the health, equity and sustainability of the regional food system. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to perform responsibilities using an equity lens - understanding and working with diverse partners and stakeholders and working to advance equitable outcomes.
The Greater Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council (GCRFPC) is a cross sector collaboration of organizations and individuals, community influencers and decision makers, collaborating to drive impact in creating healthy, equitable, sustainable food systems for all in our region. The GCRFPC is an initiative of Green Umbrella. Green Umbrella leads collaboration, incubates ideas and catalyzes solutions that create a resilient, sustainable region for all. Our systems-level work has the goal of improving the health of our region's people, climate and landscape.
This full-time position reports to the Director of the Greater Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council. The position will be remote until in-office work is considered safe; at which point the Analyst will work out of the Madisonville offices of Green Umbrella.
- · Research and create a database of food systems metrics, integrating an equity lens into the data and metrics.
- · Plan for how to continue and expand on existing food systems reports already produced by the GCRFPC and partners.
- · Develop instruments and shared databases for partner organizations to use when collecting and reporting common measures of the health, equity and sustainability of the regional food system.
- · Provide technical assistance to partner organizations that are collecting and reporting data on shared measures.
- · Collect and analyze relevant primary and secondary data, disaggregating data by race, gender, income, zip code, etc. when possible.
- · Share findings with partner organizations and the public through reports and the development of a food systems metrics dashboard.
- · Collaborate with, and encourage alignment among, other organizations collecting food system adjacent metrics in the region, including community input from those most impacted by inequities in the food system.
- · Participate in Impact Team meetings and provide support for ongoing activities.
- · Assist with other needs of the Food Policy Council and Green Umbrella as needed.
- · Master’s degree in food systems related field OR demonstrated experience conducting program evaluation and handling mixed methods research.
- · Ability to plan and conduct collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- · Experience being self-directed and working independently in a dynamic work environment while consistently reporting up and out to relevant team members.
- · Ability to translate a complex, systems-thinking approach into relevant information for the target audience.
- · Experience collaborating with diverse partners, including community, non-profit, government and business stakeholders.
- · Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, including experience interacting and working with diverse communities, neighborhoods, and populations, and experience working directly with and/or for communities or organizations working to address and overcome systemic inequities and the multitude of adverse outcomes that result.
Salary & Benefits
· Annual salary of $35,000 to $49,000, commensurate with experience
· Twelve paid holidays annually
· Accrual of twelve vacation days in first year of employment (increases with tenure at organization)
· Accrual of ten sick days annually
· Flex-time policy for overtime hours, flexible work schedule
· Health Insurance: 100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered by GU (no wait period), 25% of spouse/family health insurance is covered by GU
· Parental Bonding Leave (after 1 year of employment) of up to 4 weeks PTO
Submit (as one PDF attachment) a cover letter and resume by noon on Friday, January 1, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address cover letter to Michaela Oldfield, Director GCRFPC. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.