Organization: Cincinnati Nature Center
With specific direction from the Assistant Facilities Manager provide janitorial duties and light grounds maintenance around buildings. Execute all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service, and in keeping with the Nature Center’s Mission, Values, and Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Shifts will typically be 6-8 hours and the start time will vary over the course of year to coincide with adjusted closing hours. Start times may range from 1 pm – 4 pm based on closing times and various evening activities held at Cincinnati Nature Center. This position also provides support to the Visitor Services team after closing to public, on an as-needed basis.
- Stationary and portable power tools
- Hand tools and janitorial equipment such as vacuums and carpet cleaners
- Safety equipment will include eye and ear protection and respirator masks, with a regular exposure to commercial cleaning products, paints, stains and other products necessary to complete routine cleaning.
- Continuous sitting/ standing/walking
- Lifting/pushing/ pulling up to 75 lbs.
- Pinching 10 lbs.
- Gripping up to 45 lbs.
- Forward reaching
- Overhead reaching
- Climbing stairs/ ladders
- Visual acuity
- Finger dexterity
- Repetitive motions
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned herein.
Education and Competencies:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- The ability to interact with the Nature Center’s guests in a professional and pleasant manner
- Punctuality and dependability a must
- Be able to communicate effectively with other staff and catering personnel
- Flexibility will be essential and other duties may be assigned as available
- The ability to work well on a team, but flexibility to work independently with little supervision.
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
The work is performed both indoors and outdoors in the nature preserve.