Organization: The Ohio Environmental Council
The Ohio Environmental Council seeks to hire a full-time Communications Associate to support the growth of organizational membership and influence. The Associate is responsible for distribution of print and digital content through targeted outreach and tactics; daily data entry and list building; and analysis of metrics to inform data-driven communications decisions. The Associate supports the Communications Team in editing content, updating the website, and tracking media. The Associate supports the Advancement Team in implementing online fundraising efforts.
This position reports to the Communications Director and is based in OEC’s Columbus office.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Expectations
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Associate’s primary roles will be database and systems management, content distribution, analysis to guide activities. Responsibilities include:
- Manage data entry, clean up, and accuracy across platforms, including Salsa (Engage and CRM), Mailchimp, and social media platforms
- Manage development, testing, and distribution of emails, donation forms, and action alerts and integration with website pages
- Manage mailing of print appeals & publications with outside vendors
- Track and share relevant Ohio environmental media clips; assist in management of media database
- Assist in social media monitoring and tracking (as well as content creation as needed)
- Provides content editing and proofreading support
- Track key performance indicators of digital tactics and regularly report results to relevant staff; utilize results and additional research to inform decision-making
- Research and test best digital platforms to maximize membership engagement
- Conduct work through the lens of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion to ensuring all Ohioans have equal access to the environmental movement
- Past experience with and/or a desire to learn digital communication design and basic website updates
- Past experience with and/or a desire to learn database management, including entry and upkeep
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while meeting deadlines and juggling multiple priorities in a results-oriented environment
Shares our commitment and actively contributes to integrating racial justice and equity into our work and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
This position is full-time, exempt, pays between $36,774-$40,452 and is within the bargaining unit represented by the OEC Workers United. Excellent benefits include employer-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance; flexible and dependent care spending account; generous paid time off; paid parental leave; and employer-matched retirement fund.
About the OEC
The mission of the Ohio Environmental Council is to secure healthy air, land, and water for all who call Ohio home. The OEC works for pragmatic solutions to keep Ohio clean and beautiful, and our communities safe. We fight for clean air and water, clean energy, and protected public lands. We hold polluters accountable in court while working with communities and companies that want to invest in a clean, more sustainable direction. For over 50 years, we have led many of the major environmental policy wins in Ohio. Visit the OEC’s website to learn more about our vision, values, and work.
The Ohio Environmental Council is committed to working toward a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive environmental movement, and seeks to hire staff and contractors that reflect the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. The OEC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position, your resume, and references to OEC@theoec.org with “Communications Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.