Organization: Produce Perks MidwestProduce Perks Midwest
is a regional nonprofit that pioneers solutions to address inequities within our food system. Our work increases affordable access to healthy food, supports farmers and strengthens local economies - in our most underserved communities.
Summary: Produce Perks Midwest (PPM) seeks a Program Coordinator to support its Produce Perks (PP) and Produce Prescription (PRx) programs:
● Produce Perks is Ohio’s nutrition incentive program, providing a $1-for-$1 match for SNAP/EBT customers shopping at participating locations.
● PRx connects patients with diet-related diseases (diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular, etc.) to providers that write prescriptions for free fruits and vegetables.
This position will coordinate on-going program operations and also support the development and growth of programming throughout Ohio. This position will require some travel within Ohio, as well as occasional evening and weekend work.
● Program Operations, Expansion & Implementation
○ Serve as a point of contact for PP and PRx program operators to connect with resources and best practices, and to troubleshoot challenges
○ Assist in the development and implementation of trainings and provide technical assistance related to program operations
○ Track and ensure compliance with data reporting from program sites
○ Support program development and statewide expansion
● Communications, Outreach & Program Promotion
○ Support promotion efforts
○ Regularly update website/social media with relevant program updates and information
○ Contribute to monthly e-newsletters and other communication initiatives
○ Coordinate regular communications with program partners
● Program Evaluation
○ Assist in the development and production of quarterly and annual program reports
○ Conduct focus groups of program users
○ Conduct site visits
● General Program Support & Sustainability
○ Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly network calls
○ Support planning/coordination of quarterly network meetings & monthly calls
Required Skills and Experiences:
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
● 3-5 years work experience in a relevant field (public health, food systems, nutrition, healthcare, etc.)
● Working knowledge of farmers’ markets, local food systems, and healthy lifestyle practice
● Passion and vision for healthy, equitable food-system development
● Strong oral/written communication skills; ability to speak in front of small groups and public settings
● Ability to effectively coordinate with remote partners
● Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work independently and with diverse populations
● Experience managing, analyzing, and presenting data
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs, Dropbox, and social media platforms
Basic Working Requirements:
● 18 years of age or older
● Willing/able to travel within the state of Ohio several times per year
● Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
This is a full-time position based in our Sharonville, OH office. Produce Perks Midwest offers a lively office culture and a supportive work environment. Starting salary for this position is $41,600.
● Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references as one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Please title email subject line: ProgramCoordinator_[first name][last name].
● Applications due by 5 PM on Monday, November 25, 2019.
PRODUCE PERKS MIDWEST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES.