Organization: Imago Earth
This is a new position at Imago consisting of two key roles. The roles are Community Education Coordinator and Outdoor Education Assistant.
The Community Coordinator
The Community Coordinator (CC) is a new role at Imago. The work of this person is to extend Imago’s education and outreach to our community, especially our immediate neighborhood as well as urban core communities near Imago. The CC uses Imago’s previous successes in presenting workshops and events to extend our reach and impact.
The CC will do so by creating community programs, workshops, events and invitations that have two broad purposes in mind, the first is to present sustainability education and the second is to create broader opportunities and invitations to visit and participate at Imago. As this is still a new role, we are open to how it may develop, but you can find below some examples of what some of the responsibilities might include:
- Creating, marketing, and evaluating sustainability workshops
- Creating and presenting fun community events
- Developing sustainability resources to foster sustainability (e.g. resource guides)
- Developing and coordinating community sustainability supports that will help community members become more sustainable, such as a tool sharing bank, nature exploration back packs, hazardous waste and composting drop off, among others
- Work closely with community members, staff, volunteers and key partners to further develop our community education efforts.
Outdoor Education Assistant
The Outdoor Education Assistant (OEA) works hand in hand with the Education Coordinator to plan, develop, present and evaluate Imago’s varied education programs. This includes our programs in schools, after school, field trips to Imago’s nature preserve and summer camps. The OEA will have a distinct impact on all the education programs that Imago presents.
Hours and Timing – This position runs from September 2019 – July 2020. It is a full-time position.
Interested? Ready to learn more?
There are three general steps:
- This is an Americorps position, so please make sure that you are familiar with Americorps. Generally speaking, Americorps members commit to at least a year of service to a non-profit organization. Americorps receive a living stipend, training, and an education award that can be applied to past education expenses as well as any future education costs. Imago works with the Notre Dame Americorps (NDA) as our partner site – you would work in a cohort with other Americorps member also based out of the NDA’s. Please also take some time to read the Job Description (attachment below).
- Fill out this super simple form – it helps us get to know you a little bit and set us up for a call.
- We’ll reach out to you to schedule a call – the call is quick intro to Imago, the position and gives you a chance to ask questions about each. After the call, we can each determine if we should continue with the
Check out the Full Job Description