Organization: Ohio Environmental Council
The Ohio Environmental Council family of organizations seeks to fill the new position of Managing Director based in Columbus, Ohio. The Managing Director will support and manage a team of regional directors and lead the organization’s field program to protect Ohio’s air, land, and water at the local, state, and federal levels. The ideal candidate will be an executor and project manager with experience overseeing, facilitating integration, and sharing information between teams.
The Managing Director reports to the Vice President of External Affairs and is responsible for the following:
- Leading a strong and sustainable team advocating throughout the state on land, air, water, and democracy issues;
- Overseeing progress made on regional strategic plans;
- Developing and maintaining valuable partnerships to support teams across the state; and
- Dismantling silos and ensuring coordination and communication between direct reports and the rest of staff.
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Track record of inspiring action, building a team, mentoring staff members, and ability to break down complex issues into calls to action.
- Commitment and experience with diverse and equitable power-building. Knowledge of social and environmental justice preferred.
Salary for this full time, exempt position is $45,000 - $63,000. Excellent benefits include employer-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance; flexible and dependent care spending account; generous paid time off; paid parental leave; and employer-matched retirement fund.
About The OEC
The mission of the Ohio Environmental Council is to secure healthy air, land, and water for all who call Ohio home. The OEC works for pragmatic solutions to keep Ohio clean and beautiful, and our communities safe. We fight for clean air and water, clean energy, and protected public lands. We hold polluters accountable in court while working with communities and companies that want to invest in a clean, more sustainable direction. For nearly 50 years, we have led many of the major environmental policy wins in Ohio. Visit the OEC’s website to learn more about our vision, values, and work.
The Ohio Environmental Council is committed to working toward a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive environmental movement and seeks to hire staff and contractors that reflect the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. The OEC is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more and apply here!