Organization: The Western Wildlife Corridor, Inc.
- Are you passionate about experiencing and preserving nature and inspiring conservation throughout the community?
- Would you like to learn about hands-on environmental protection efforts and connect with the broader community of stakeholders?
- Are you keen on evangelizing and educating the community on the benefits of conservation?
- Would you enjoy being one of the faces of an organization with community partners, donors, business leaders and volunteers?
- Are you ready to help lead an organization into its next phase of growth and community impact?
The Western Wildlife Corridor is hiring an Administrative Coordinator to help the organization fulfill its mission. This part-time, paid position will report to the President of the Board of Trustees with support of the Supervisory Committee.
ABOUT THE WESTERN WILDLIFE CORRIDOR:
The Western Wildlife Corridor is a locally-based 501 (c)(3) nonprofit nature conservancy land trust with a 27-year history of environmental leadership and action on the westside of Cincinnati. Our mission is to preserve and protect the scenic beauty and natural environment of the Ohio River Valley from the Mill Creek to the Indiana line. We acquire and protect land, remove invasive species, and promote responsible land use. We create nature preserves, build trail systems for public use, and offer educational programs to promote nature conservation.
Our headquarters is located just minutes west of downtown Cincinnati in the village of Addyston, Ohio. We protect more than 300 acres of property, with a keen focus on removing invasive plants and protecting habitat for native plants and animals.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the President, Members of the Board of Trustees and Chairs of the WWC operating committees to implement the organization’s initiatives. Key tasks will include:
- Identify sources of potential donations, sponsorships, and grants, and work with the grant committee to write and submit grant applications. Work with the supervisory committee to drive increased membership, identify possible donors, and solicit donations.
- Provide leadership to volunteers to continually improve the effectiveness of volunteer activities and identify ways to encourage more volunteers.
- Work with WWC volunteers to organize events and oversee the calendar of events.
- Lead the outreach efforts for WWC including creation and distribution of marketing materials, efforts to improve our website and online presence, and preparation of newsletter.
- Coordinate and promote WWC at functions and events including presentations and participation in events presented by other organizations.
- Perform administrative and organizational tasks including:
- Direct professional and maintenance/repair activities at the Kirby Nature Center and the other WWC properties. o
- Reorder supplies such as brochures and supplies for habitat restoration. o
- Coordinate archiving, filing, and spreadsheet work.
- Attend Board meetings and meetings of WWC committees as an ex officio member.
- Other duties as assigned or as the position evolves.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. A bachelor’s degree specifically in Environmental Studies, Botany, Biology or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of conservation, biodiversity and related disciplines is a plus.
- A passion for the environment and conservation
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Works well with people and has a willingness to work with the broader community of stakeholders to increase awareness and overall visibility.
- Adept with computer technology and the online world, and fully skilled with standard software (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with the ability and willingness to learn new software applications as necessary.
- Collaborate with an engaged and supportive Board.
- Grow in knowledge and experience in the field of environmental conservation.
- Enjoy coming to work every day in a position that is helping improve our world and people’s lives.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid vacation.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Email your resume and cover letter to Tim Sisson, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.