Organization: Granny's Garden School
Granny’s Garden School 501(c)(3) of Loveland, Ohio is seeking candidates with at least 1-year experience successfully designing and teaching experiential lesson plans for PreK through elementary age students. Strong affinity to and familiarity with food gardening, nutrition and/or life sciences is required.
- Effectively design and deliver garden-based science lessons to PreK- 5th grade in outdoor environment; leverage garden/nature trail as appropriate for time in season
- Communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Facilitate hands on learning experiences in the garden or nature trail
- Effectively manage student behavior in partnership with teachers
SITE SUPPORT - GARDEN and/or NATURE TRAIL
- Manage appearance of school garden/nature trail during planning, preparation, and cleanup; enroll students in maintenance activities during class delivery
- Maintain outdoor classroom facilities and equipment
- Effectively communicate descriptions of lessons and availability for scheduling
- Use relevant technology to support class scheduling and teacher engagement and confirmations
- Contribute photography and social media posts to support program outreach
- Collaborate with GGS Board on results and needs for garden program success
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Self-motivation; responsible, punctual, professional
- High energy level; outgoing and friendly personality
- Enthusiasm for working with children to build love of nature and fresh food
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving ownership
- Must be able to pass a background check
Job Type and Pay
This is an independent contract position paid per class delivered according to terms of agreed proposal. Per class fee must include all effort hours for class preparation, communications, delivery, clean-up and outdoor garden or nature trail maintenance tasks. Classes are held during the day either in the gardens of Loveland Elementary/Primary Schools, along the LES/LPS nature trail or in the classroom in case of inclement weather.
Opportunities may be available for after school and camp programs. Scheduling is done through collaboration of GGS volunteer, teachers and garden educators using online scheduling tool. Payment is made after submission of invoice. Submit resume, references, and work proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.