Organization: Great Parks of Hamilton County
Great Parks of Hamilton County is accepting resumes for a Full Time Conservation and Parks Technician at Sharon Woods Park. Qualifications for this position will prefer a background in maintenance of natural areas. Performs a variety of technical, manual and administrative labor to maintain groups, trails, equipment, facilities, and manage natural areas. Serves as functional supervisor of Seasonal and Part Time staff, and volunteers on an assigned basis. Requires work on weekends, holidays, evenings, and work outside of normal schedule.
Job Skills / Requirements
- Performs various natural resource management tasks, including invasive species removal, forest management, tree planting, wildlife management, grassland management and prescribed burns.
- Mows natural areas, plants native plans and harvests seed for propagation. Conducts exotic species surveys and facilitates research projects. Identifies native trees and herbaceous plants species to map plant cover and recognize management needs in natural areas.
- Installs and maintains nest boxes. Assists with hazard tree assessment and applies herbicides according to label instructions.
- Performs grounds and horticultural duties including mowing, planting, mulching, and maintaining plants, flowers, shrubs and trees, waters and fertilizes plants, prunes trees and shrubs, weeds landscape beds, applies pesticides, removes leaf debris.
- Provides routine maintenance on nature trails and paved trails. Assists with sustainable trail building, and recognizes potential hazards to visitors.
- Serves as on-call to plow snow from roadways, parking areas and walkways using trucks, plows, UTVs, and hand tools. Applies salt to roadways, parking areas and walkways.
- Repairs roadways and trails by patching pot holes and sealing cracks.
- Performs minor mechanical repairs and performs routine preventative maintenance to tractors, mowers, pumps, utility vehicles, trucks and other equipment; such as oil changes, lubrication of moving parts, fluid checks, belt replacement and other routine checks.
- Performs rough carpentry, paints walls and ceilings, replaces signs, repairs fences, tables and other maintenance duties. Sweeps and mops flows, picks up litter, empties trash and cleans restrooms. Makes minor repairs to buildings and facilities. Completes required inspections.
- Performs irrigation system repairs. Maintains sewage treatment plants. Repairs water and sewer lines and performs minor plumbing maintenance at park facilities.
- Reports work progress and related information to Conservation & Parks Manager on a regular basis. Plans projects in collaboration with supervisor and others.
- Maintains purchasing records and is responsible for purchasing card expenditures and reports.
- Responds to public questions and needs in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks of Hamilton County’s policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and punctual attendance and works outside of normal schedule as required.
Typical starting rate is between $17.91-$22.38/hour depending on experience.
Apply by 11:59 pm, Sunday, April 7, 2019
Learn more and apply here!