Organization: Our Harvest Cooperative
Position Description: Our Harvest Cooperative (OHC) seeks a hard-working individual to support its packing and distribution efforts and be an ambassador for Our Harvest, the face of Our Harvest with our customers.
About Our Harvest Cooperative: Our Harvest Co-op is a union worker-owned cooperative that farms using organic practices and operates a food hub that provides aggregation, distribution, and technical assistance for local growers while serving as a centralized source of local produce for institutions, individuals, grocery stores, restaurants, and other retail and wholesale buyers. Our Harvest Cooperative is committed to creating family-sustaining jobs in Greater Cincinnati; producing sustainably-grown, local produce; and building a food hub to strengthen the local food system and increase access to healthy food.
- Pack Weekly Harvest Box (WHB) shares
- Pack weekly wholesale orders
- Ensure quality of produce that goes into shares and orders
- Pack weekly and monthly add-ons
- Make WHB and wholesale deliveries
- Follow daily delivery schedule and ensure on-time deliveries
- Maintain positive customer relations and communicate customer feedback to appropriate staff
- Build Our Harvest's partnership with our pickup location partners: answer questions, address their concerns or bring issues back to the cooperative for resolution, etc.
- Assist with marketing of Weekly Harvest Box at pickup locations: keep stock of signup sheets, signage, etc.
- Clean packing space and supplies according to weekly schedule
- Clean truck according to weekly schedule
- Transport packing supplies to and from OHC farm properties
- Pick up produce from OHC farms and unload at warehouse facility
- Assist with cooler organization and inventory management as needed
- Participate in team meetings and share experience and wisdom
Duration and Compensation: This is a full-time hourly paid position through December. Hours may be reduced to 30 hours during Jan-April. Our Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds. Paid time off accrues every 2 week pay-period, to just over 2 weeks during the first year. A $450 month health stipend begins during the second month of employment (which is approximately $2.60/hour) in addition to the hourly rate that is determined based on experience.
Supervisor: Food Hub Coordinator
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to drive a refrigerated truck (Sprinter van)
- Valid driver’s license
- A positive attitude
To learn more about Our Harvest Cooperative, please visit our website.
To apply, please submit a resumé to Kristen Barker, Our Harvest Board President at email@example.com.