Organization: Donovan Energy
This role is the ‘go to’ person for inside sales and sales support for Donovan Energy’s customers, vendors and partners. The Sales Support representative has a thorough understanding of all of Donovan Energy’s products, services, and modes of operation, and is comfortable speaking with lighting designers, electrical engineers, installers, distributors and customers. The Sales Support representative manages the pricing catalog, supports the sales staff, and handles customer and vendor requests and inquiries.
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales
- Administers, updates and maintains consistency of internal price book
- Provides general support for VP of Sales and other sales staff
- Approves customer orders for technical and pricing accuracy prior to entry
- Handles inbound customer inquiries including specification support, product recommendations, BOMs, pricing, etc.
- Generates and transmits purchase orders
- Communicates regularly with vendors and partners
- Follows up or redirects to VP of Sales on sales leads including emails, phone calls, and web inquiries
- Fully utilizes and maintains project status via CRM database, sales pipeline, account profile, quotations, and day-to-day customer contact activities
- Effectively communicates and adheres to company policy; pricing, promotions, etc.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Education: College degree or 2-3 years of equivalent experience in business administration or retail management.
- Experience: No work experience strictly necessary, but 2-3 years of “inside sales” experience is a plus. Experience in the lighting or electrical industries is also a plus.
COMPETENCE & SKILL SET
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to drive resolution
- Data management skills, either through work experience managing data, or a demonstrated understanding of how data flows throughout a system, such as inventory or retail management experience
- Knowledge in use of cloud collaboration tools (i.e. Gmail, Google Drive, etc.) and the Microsoft Office suite, especially intermediate to advanced command of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications is a plus
- Experience with financial reporting is a plus
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is a plus
- High level of self-confidence, motivation, maturity, and integrity
- Capable of finding answers to questions
- Driven to support customers, vendors, and partners
- Sense of humor
- Excited about Donovan Energy and the potential to transform our economy to run on clean, efficient energy
LEARN MORE AND APPLY HERE