Organization: Freestore Foodbank
The Freestore Foodbank is currently searching for a Mobile Market Operator at our Mayerson Distribution Center!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Under the supervision of the Mobile Market Manager, the Mobile Market Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Healthy Harvest Mobile Market. The Mobile Market Operator will provide outstanding customer service while maintaining a clean and organized market stocked with high quality, fresh food. This position is also responsible for product ordering and pickups, representing the program and FSFB with local partners, and responding to customer feedback.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Healthy Harvest Mobile Market including the purchasing, acquiring and loading of product, driving and setting up the market, breakdown and unloading, inventory and pricing, transactions, register settlement, cleaning and maintenance of trailer and equipment. Maintain working relationships with community partnerships and foster new relationships with community members.
- Collaborates with Mobile Market Manager to provide and continuously evaluate the healthy and nutritious products that customers want and need.
- Welcomes, trains, and directs volunteers to support market operation.
- Provides nutrition information and connects customers with benefits enrollment services, through collaboration with our community partners and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Healthcare enrollment, and other benefits enrollment staff members.
Maintains current knowledge of food safety standards, program reporting needs, and partnership responsibilities.
Meets regularly with supervisor to set and maintain goals of the program and staff.
Maintains familiarity with other FSFB programs, departments, and staff in order to seek opportunities to collaborate and to connect customers to other services.
Conducts surveys and obtains other data and feedback from customers and sites.
When possible, participates in fundraising, special events, and other community activities supported by or in support of FSFB.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be ServSafe certified or receive certification within three months of the hire date.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
- Must be willing to drive and staff the Mobile Market on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, if market schedule requires it.
- Merchandising experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Attention to detail required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals within timeframes and complete reports by appropriate dates.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Extensive working experience in the use of technology applications and infrastructure is strongly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must be willing to work in uncomfortable weather conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/MENTAL PROCESSES:
Walking, driving, typing, talking, sitting, bending, filing, hearing, writing, analyzing, identifying, analytical reasoning, remembering, understanding, interpreting, and problem solving. Able to physically visit sites that may not be ADA accessible. Ability to work in differing weather conditions.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 23 million meals annually through a network of about 350 community partner agencies serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
To apply, e-mail your information and salary requirement to email@example.com or go to http://freestorefoodbank.org/about/bios/careers and fill out an application online.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE