Organization: MetroParks of Butler County
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
• Point of contact for customers during both corporate and social events. Greet customers and serves as event coordinator for each event.
• Assist with day of coordination of weddings and larger events.
• Responsible for supervising beverage attendants/bartenders during events. Serves as a replacement bartender/host as needed.
• Responsible for assisting customer with any needs during event, including room sets up and other
equipment. Sets up and troubleshoot audio-visual equipment. Provides assistance to management staff and customers before, during and after event.
• Attends business and event expos to promote the assigned facility as a regional conference and event center.
• Maintain clean and neat general areas of facility during events, including stocking restrooms with appropriate supplies and assisting with any needs of the bartenders of additional supplies.
• Answer phones and emails in a professional manner and directs calls as necessary. Takes messages and handles routine requests for information as instructed.
• Close out assigned events as required. Leaving facility in a manner appropriate for a viewing following the end of an event.
• Tracks sales, uses cash register, issues receipts, makes change and handles cash and credit card payments accurately and, pursuant to established accounting procedures, assists with inventory as assigned.
• Operates licensed and non-licensed motor vehicles or APVs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work unsupervised, to organize and coordinate, to prioritize and self-initiate
• Ability to maintain confidentially on sensitive issues and non-public records.
• Ability to maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with other staff members, volunteers and the staff of other agencies.
• Follows MetroParks policies in Employee Guide and other policies as applicable.
• Meets and deals with the public in a professional, helpful and pleasant manner. Acts as a good-will ambassador for the MetroParks at all times.
Required Education and Experience:
• Completed at least two (2) years of college level coursework. Preferable pursuing a degree in hospitality, event coordination, communications or planning or already obtained a degree in one of the above fields. Significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion of customer service and event coordination.
• Experience in supervising part-time staff in high intensity situations.
• Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of employment, competent working knowledge of Ohio statutes relative to the preparation, sale, handling and/or dispensing of alcoholic beverages is required of candidates for and employees in this position.
• Successful completion of ServSafe Food Handler course within six months of hire date. Competent
working knowledge of Ohio and local regulations relative to the safe preparation, sale, and handling of food in a retail environment. Previous retail experience is preferred for this position.
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment setup including but not limited to: projectors, DVD players, VCRs, notebook computers, microphones, and PowerPoint software is preferred. Ability to operate a cash
register, to track and accurately handle payments, make change, and process credit card payments is also necessary.
• Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association within six months of hire date. Once certified, all employees in this position shall remain so certified throughout employment.
• Exceptional customer service ethic and meets high expectations of quality.
• A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record allowing insurability by the MetroParks’ current vehicle insurance carrier under existing coverage provision at the time of employment and thereafter. Candidates may not have more than 4 total points (or equivalent penalty) issued by a recognized licensing authority for driving-related violations on their driving record at the time of employment.
• Good moral character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions) is required of all persons who are candidates for employment or employees currently working under the provisions of this position description.
Work Environment & Schedule:
This job performs in a service/operational environment, and includes use of kitchen and custodial equipment.
This is an intermittent part time hourly position as work will include extended hours and/or an irregular work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
For full job description and description and application: please visit our
website at www.YourMetroParks.net or contact the Administrative Office at 513-867-5835.