Organization: Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful (KCB) is seeking a qualified person to fulfill a 24 hr/week Environmental Educator position to start September 2018. KCB is a not for profit organization that educates and encourages individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments. Our programming is grassroots, results oriented, on-going and based on changing behaviors through community education. Creativity and independence are fostered by KCB and part of the core values. Under the supervision of KCB’s Environmental Education Director, the Environmental Educator will assist in the planning and implementation of programming for schools and community events including:
- Present education programs to (K-12) to Cincinnati area students.
- Participate in KCB Education assemblies
- Serve as an educator and host for field trips offered to 3rd through 12th grade.
- Assist in the collaboration, coordination and execution of large community recycling events
- Partner with school staff to enhance sustainability efforts
- Attend meetings for GCEE (Greater Cincinnati Environmental Educators), Green Umbrella Action Team, community councils and select parent teacher organizations
- Attend outreach events and promote KCB programming
- Responsible for the writing education content for KCB e-newsletter
- Support other KCB activities including events, fundraisers, clean-ups and volunteer engagement
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (but flexible on the focus area)
- Experience working with children
- Must have reliable transportation
- Outgoing • Motivated • Computer savvy • Comfortable with Excel, Word • Good writing skills •
- Willingness to engage with students from diverse backgrounds of all ages (K-12) • Artistic skills a plus •
- Knowledge of the Cincinnati area and comfort in urban settings • Adaptability • Patience
- Ability to drive conversations •
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter, including a 2-3 sentence explanation about one of the aforementioned qualities that best describes you, to Kara@KeepCincinnatiBeautiful.org.