Organization: Marvin’s Organic Gardens in Lebanon, OHUPDATE: Position is filled.
Please check our Green Jobs page for more opportunities!
Do you have office management experience and an upbeat attitude? Are you driven by providing positive and compassionate customer service? Do you excel in communication, organization and problem-solving? If so, we want to speak with you about this opportunity!
About the Organization
Marvin’s Organic Gardens is the Tri-State’s first ecological landscaping company. Our goal is simple - to be a trustworthy and innovative local leader that provides the highest caliber of customer service available, creating landscapes and hardscapes that are as beautiful and diverse as they are durable and low maintenance. We focus on total integrity and absolute commitment to quality. Our ongoing mission is to create a landscape and natural lifestyle business that promotes and supports the health and respect for all beings and Mother Nature.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Office Manager will manage the company’s bookkeeping, emails, tasks lists and client correspondence. They will be responsible for collaborating in ongoing marketing campaigns, outreach and social media, while balancing inventory. Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Answering incoming calls and taking accurate messages.
- Scheduling appointments and managing multiple calendars/schedules.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintaining office appearance; light cleaning and organizing.
- Providing technical support; maintaining office machines; back-up files; etc.
- Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable utilizing QuickBooks.
- Assisting with preparing sales tax, financial reports & managing budgets.
- Assisting with preparing bids/quotes for customers.
- Staying up to date with workers’ comp filing, company insurance, vehicle & trailer tags and other government required operations.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information.
- Other various management and organization duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment and be proficient in Google Suite products. The requirements for this position also include:
Required Education and Technical Skills:
- A high school diploma or equivalent training supplemented with two (2) years college level courses in business administration or management. Alternatively, a high school diploma or equivalent training supplemented with at least five (5) years of administrative support work experience.
- Proficient in QuickBooks online (certification preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Wix website and email design or similar platforms is a plus.
- Experience with advanced scheduling software.
Other Required Skills and Abilities
- Efficient and proven record of meeting deadlines.
- Positive, upbeat attitude.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and neat; with strong math skills and personal organization.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions in the company’s best interests. Desire to learn and grow.
- Strong work ethic while being punctual, flexible and a team player.
- Good moral character with no history of serious criminal activity (felony convictions).
- Must be comfortable working independently majority of the time, as well as collaboratively or with supervision and daily reporting.
Preferred But Not Required
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds (preferred, not required).
- Gardening knowledge and experience
- Environmentally conscious
Work Environment and Schedule
Marvin Organic Gardens is seeking a Part-Time Seasonal Office Manager with prospect to grow into a year-round position. Hours can be flexible but will mostly take place during workdays: Mon-Fri, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Select Saturdays as needed.
Work environment is primarily in an office setting within barn, surrounded by peaceful woodlands and gardens. Several outdoor sitting areas are wonderful to work at. Majority of the workday requires being comfortable working solo, with occasional visits by clients, owners, landscape teams, and service providers. There is occasional opportunity to assist in the gardens and visit landscaping projects to photograph and develop content for social media and website.
How to Apply
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing, family-oriented company, and eager to provide outstanding client service, apply online here. Attach your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Be prepared to submit 3 references upon request.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAP/EEO M/F/H/V/D, Drug-free workplace. No third-party candidates. No phone calls please.