Organization: Green Umbrella
Green Umbrella, a sustainability alliance located in the Greater Cincinnati region, is seeking an Event Management Intern to work approximately 20 hours per week from February through August, with the possibility for an extension. The Event Management Intern will work closely with the Communications and Program Manager to provide support for key organizational events. This internship includes a stipend.
About Green Umbrella:
Green Umbrella is the leading alliance working to maximize the environmental sustainability of Greater Cincinnati. We’re driving collaboration to fuel measurable improvements in eight key areas of sustainability. Our vision is to have the region recognized as one of the top 10 most sustainable metro areas in the nation by 2020.
Green Umbrella is seeking a motivated and responsible college or graduate student (or recent graduate) with an interest in event planning and management as well as a passion for environmental sustainability. The position requires excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills, a strong work ethic, attention to detail and proven record of meeting deadlines. Previous meeting or event planning experience and familiarity with WordPress is a plus. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as with a supervisor.
About the Position:
Green Umbrella’s internships provide a chance to learn more about both the nonprofit sector and environmental sustainability efforts within the Greater Cincinnati region. Interns work alongside staff to support the many projects and initiatives undertaken by our Action Teams that will help our region become more sustainable through collaborative efforts. This is a paid internship with a stipend of $750/month for an average of 20 hours per week from February through August (hours are flexible but will mostly take place during workdays: Mon-Fri, 9:00 am–5:00 pm). The intern will work out of the Green Umbrella office in the Madisonville neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio. There will be some evening and weekend hours required, dependent upon Green Umbrella’s event calendar.
- Assist in planning and management of details for the following Green Umbrella events:
- Midwest Regional Sustainability Summit (June 15)
- Great Outdoor Weekend (September 29 & 30)
- Green Drinks (first Thursday of the month, 5:30-7:00 pm)
- Green Umbrella Annual Meeting (December 6)
- Other events as needed
- Update content on WordPress websites for Great Outdoor Weekend and Midwest Regional Sustainability Summit
- Manage registration before and during event, coordinate registration communications
- Support sponsor management and benefit fulfillment
- Pursue and manage promotion of event through mass email, social media
- Develop and implement evaluation methods for events
- Follow-up with event attendees as necessary (add to database, solicit feedback, etc.)
- “Table” at public events to represent Green Umbrella
- Other support activities as assigned
- Answer Green Umbrella office phones
- Data entry for email database as needed
Please submit a cover letter and resume (with applicable experience) as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Management Internship” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until January 17, 2018. No phone calls please.