Organization: Green Umbrella
Green Umbrella, a sustainability alliance located in the Greater Cincinnati region, is seeking an Action Team Intern to work 10-15 hours per week. The position will begin mid-late January with the potential to run through October, 2018. The Action Team Intern will work directly with the Green Umbrella Waste Reduction Action Team members and leadership by providing support to various projects related to the team’s Food Waste Reduction Campaign, including research, data analysis, preparing resource documents, online communications and tabling at events to educate the public about ways to reduce food waste. This internship includes a stipend of $500 per month.
About Green Umbrella:
Green Umbrella is the leading alliance working to maximize the environmental sustainability of Greater Cincinnati. We’re driving collaboration to fuel measurable improvements in eight key areas of sustainability. Our vision is to have the region recognized as one of the top 10 most sustainable metro areas in the nation by 2020.
Green Umbrella is seeking a motivated and responsible person with a passion for food waste reduction and an interest in research and outreach. The position requires excellent research, writing and verbal communications skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Previous communications and writing experience is a plus. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as with a supervisor.
About the Position:
Green Umbrella’s internships provide a chance to learn more about both the nonprofit sector and environmental sustainability efforts within the Greater Cincinnati region. Interns work alongside Waste Reduction Action Team members to support the projects and initiatives undertaken by the Team that will help our region become more sustainable through collaborative efforts. This is a paid internship, with a stipend of $500/month for 10-15 hours per week throughout the duration of the assignment. The intern will work partially out of the Green Umbrella office in the Madisonville neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio, but will also attend offsite meetings and events, and may work remotely. There will be some evening and weekend hours required, dependent upon the Waste Reduction Action Team’s event calendar.
- Attend monthly Action Team meetings (3rd Friday of month, 12:00-1:30 pm), serve as the note taker, prepare minutes for distribution to the group, follow up on action items.
- Promote the wasted food awareness campaign by developing timely content for the Waste Reduction Action Team webpages, e-blasts and Green Umbrella’s social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter).
- Research and assist the Waste Reduction Action Team with data collection.
- Analyze best practices in food waste reduction, such as emerging apps for managing food recovery and overcoming barriers to adoption.
- Assist the Waste Reduction Action Team with tasks necessary to advance initiatives, primarily the food waste campaign.
- Collaborate with Sharing Tables Ambassador to target outreach to potential sources and recipients of recovered food.
- Other Action Team projects as assigned
Please submit a cover letter and resume (with applicable experience) in one PDF document to ryan @ greenumbrella.org with “WRAT Internship” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until January 7, 2018. No phone calls please.