Organization: Cincinnati Nature Center
With general direction from the Executive Director, lead and direct all finance, business, risk management, and information technology activities of Cincinnati Nature Center. Work in a collaborative manner to provide direction to finance, accounting, and IT staff, and serve as a member of the Leadership Team. Manage, direct, and execute all activities with the highest standards for safety, customer service, and in keeping with the Nature Center’s Mission, Values and Principles.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead and direct all activities associated with accounting (Balance Sheet, General Ledger, Fund Balances, Fixed Assets), budgeting, payroll, cash management, audit, taxes, asset management, investments, retail sales, financial analysis, and business forecasting in accordance with FASB non-profit accounting standards
- Ensure timely and accurate transactions related to cash, receivables, payroll, fixed assets, accounts payable, agency allocations, campaign and other revenues and all expenses.
- Develop and maintain a multi-year financial model to represent long range plan objectives, projected capital needs and projected revenues to ensure organization’s financial sustainability
- Oversee all vendor negotiations, legal contracts, business projections, and risk management
- Support other departments through training and education to manage their finances and plan future needs
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and timely reporting of financial results to appropriate staff and board teams
- Ensure regular and timely reconciliation of financial results
- Procure and manage business insurance (D&O, Property & Casualty, Auto, Employee theft, Umbrella, Volunteer)
- Maintain electronic and paper financial records with confidentiality ensuring security
- Direct and supervise all activities associated with developing and maintaining computer network, software and terminals, phone and data systems, radios, projection, security, and other electronic equipment
- Lead the planning and development of a long-range technology vision and management of the implemented vision
- Advise Executive Director on applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Develop policies and practices necessary to comply with those regulations and ensure compliance with same
- Serve on Leadership Team and participate in development, implementation, and auditing of the Nature Center’s long range and strategic planning process
- Provide support for grants; prospect identification, preparation, administration, evaluation, and reporting
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Serve as staff liaison to Board of Directors Finance Committee. Attend full Board Meetings, recommend potential board prospects, and assist with new board member orientation.
- Pay attention to the appearance, cleanliness, and safety of Nature Center grounds. Notify Director of Visitor Experience of any aberrations.
- Represent the Nature Center in the local community.
- Attend organizational functions/events held on evenings or weekends.
- Select, train, develop, supervise, evaluate and schedule finance/IT department personnel:
- Provide general direction to Information Technology Manager
- Provide specific direction to Accounting Manager
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned herein.
Education and Competencies:
- Advanced degree in Accountancy or equivalent, CPA a plus
- Knowledge of non-profit fund accounting
- Working knowledge of investment practice and concepts
- Budget management experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related position
- Collaborative team oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, especially in planning
- Commitment and ability to articulate the Cincinnati Nature Center’s Mission
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A sense of humor, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit
- General interest in nature and the environment
- Must pass credit and background checks and remain current on First Aid/CPR certification
- Proficient using word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software required
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- The work is performed on-site, indoors in an office environment.
- Local travel may be required. Some travel to regional conferences may be required. When a Nature Center vehicle is not available, the use of personal vehicle (reimbursed at IRS recommended rate) may be needed for Cincinnati Nature Center business.
- This position requires the following physical activities: pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while using a keyboard to process financial transactions
To apply: https://goo.gl/uYmP9u