Organization: Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
The Flying Pig Marathon is seeking college students to be Venue Recycling Program Managers to assist the Flying Pig Sustainability Coordinator in the management of The Flying Pig Marathon event recycling. The Flying Pig Marathon strives to be a good steward of our environment and in 2017, with the assistance of Green Teams and Venue Recycling Program Managers, we diverted 79% of our event waste from the landfill. Candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Have an interest in sustainability.
- Able to direct a group of volunteers on sustainable procedures.
- Available for planning meetings from February to April.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours race week (April 30 – May 6).
- Available at least one day the week after the event (May 7 – May 11).
- Bimonthly meetings February and March and weekly meetings in April with Sustainability Coordinator on the Flying Pig sustainability procedures.
- Meeting with contact person of volunteer groups to explain recycling/composting procedures.
- Assist in design and set up of Green Zone at the P&G Health and Fitness Expo May 3.
- Flexible working hours
- Problem solving
- Accept change and last minute needs or decisions.
- Understanding that all duties are important.
- Team oriented work force
Compensation: All positions will receive a monthly stipend, amount to be determined. Interested and qualified candidates should send a resume by DECEMBER 29 to:
Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon
Denise Hovey: Sustainability Coordinator
644 Linn Street, Suite 626 Cincinnati, OH 45203