Organization: Gorman Heritage Farm
Job Title: Crops, Grounds & Facilities Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Category: Full time
Beginning Pay Scale: $30,000 - $35,000 annually, depending on experience, plus benefits
Plans, budgets, implements and evaluates the crop production programs of Gorman Heritage Farm working in collaboration with other GHF staff and the Land Use Committee. Manages crop production, use and sales. Manages Farmyard volunteers. Maintains grounds and facilities in conjunction with the Land Use Committee and volunteers. Supports the Gorman Heritage Farm mission, promotes membership and acts as an advocate for GHF.
- Create, manage and document annual and long range plans for crop production and orchard. Select crops appropriate for educational purposes, market, animal feed, pastures, and bedding. Plant, irrigate, tend, harvest, utilize on Farm and sell crops each season.
- Work to replenish soil/maintain soil health through use of cover crops, on-farm compost and crop rotation.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance of Gorman Heritage Farm including moving, trimming and snow
removal as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance of buildings, fences and other structures in farmyard.
- Annual and monthly program budgeting. Responsible for achieving budgeted revenues and maintaining
- Assure compliance with standards for safety, best practices and overall aesthetics of fields, trails, grounds and
- Work with Livestock Manager to assure pastures are suitable for grazing.
- Provide education as needed for GHF school groups, tours, summer camps, adult education, visitors, exhibits
and demonstrations. Collaborate with Education and Program Managers assuring that the farm offers
exemplary adult, family and children’s educational programs and workshops.
- Supervise volunteers (including AmeriCorps, volunteers, interns or stipend workers) working in the fields.
- Attend weekly Farmyard meetings and monthly Land Use Committee meetings
- Represent Gorman Heritage Farm with environmental, agricultural, and educational organizations both locally
and nationally. Stay up to date on current trends and new developments in the field.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years experience required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Collaborative leadership style and strong team player.
- Strong oral communication skills. Fun personality. Proficient in public speaking.
- Ability to work with and teach a variety of ages.
- Computer skills required but not limited to: Google Suite.
- Nonprofit experience preferred but not required.
This position requires very strenuous physical activities. The work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Tractors, cultivator, baler, manure spreader, combine and other farm equipment as well as zero turn mower, hand tools, copier, telephone, and other equipment found in office, farm and teaching environment.
To apply: Online application