UPDATE: POSITION CLOSED
Organization: Green Umbrella
Green Umbrella, a sustainability alliance located in the Greater Cincinnati region, is seeking a Transit-Friendly Destinations Program Intern to work approximately 10 – 15 hours per week starting immediately and lasting likely through February. This Intern will report to Tri-State Trails Program Director and will work directly with the Green Umbrella Transportation Action Team members and leadership by providing staff support to the Transit-Friendly Destinations Program.
About Green Umbrella:
Green Umbrella is the leading alliance working to maximize the environmental sustainability of Greater Cincinnati. We’re driving collaboration to fuel measurable improvements in key areas of sustainability.
Our vision is to have the region recognized as one of the top 10 most sustainable metro areas in the nation by 2020.
Green Umbrella is seeking motivated and responsible college/graduate students (or recent graduates) with an interest in program management as well as a passion for environmental sustainability. The position requires excellent written and verbal communications skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Previous communications and writing experience is a plus. Candidates should be comfortable working independently as well as with a supervisor.
About the Position:
Green Umbrella’s internships provide a chance to learn more about both the nonprofit sector and environmental sustainability efforts within the Greater Cincinnati region. Interns work alongside Transportation Action Team members to support implementation and administration of the Transit-Friendly Destinations Program. This is a paid internship a stipend of $500/month and interns will work on average 10 - 15 hours per week throughout the duration of the assignment. The intern may work remotely and/or out of the Green Umbrella office in the Madisonville neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio. There may be some evening and weekend hours required, dependent upon the Transportation Action Team’s event calendar.
- Work with key partners of the Transportation Action Team including SORTA, TANK, Tri-State Trails, and Queen City Bike to develop an implementation plan for the 2018 Transit-Friendly Destinations Program
- Recruit businesses, organizations, and institutions to apply for Transit Friendly Destinations certification in the Greater Cincinnati region
- Administer the application process for the Transit-Friendly Destinations Program, including scoring and awarding certification to applicants
- Facilitate submissions to League of American Bicyclists Bicycle-Friendly Destinations Program to businesses, organizations, and institutions in the Greater Cincinnati region
- Answer Green Umbrella office phones
- Data entry for email database as needed
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by October 24, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.