Organization: RAPTOR Inc.
Raptor Rehabilitation Center Internship
RAPTOR Inc.’s Internship Program is designed for current college students or recent college graduates working toward a career in wildlife conservation, animal care, education, communications and non-profit management. Under the guidance and supervision of RAPTOR Inc. staff, interns will develop skills and gain valuable real-world experience in their chosen field. Internships are non-paid and no housing will be provided.
Spring Internships begin in January and conclude in April. Application deadline is October 31.
- Passionate about raptor conservation.
- At least 18 years of age and fluent in English.
- Currently enrolled as a college junior or senior year majoring in a related field, a graduate student in a related field, or a recent college graduate with a related degree.
- Up to date tetanus vaccination and medical insurance.
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Able to prepare diets that include rodents, poultry, fish and insects.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to follow directions and positively interact with staff, volunteers and the public.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions during day and evening hours.
- Minimum commitment of 150 hours during a 15-week internship session. Exact schedule will be confirmed upon appointment.
- Excellent attendance and communication.
- Willing to create and implement a project to benefit the organization in some way.
- If interested in receiving academic credit from your accredited institution, please provide their requirements and guidelines.
- Since we deliver educational programs to groups of children, interns must be willing to submit to a background check with fingerprinting if requested.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with animal care duties and diet preparation.
- Assisting with daily facility and enclosure cleaning.
- Assisting with repair of perching, equipment and enclosures.
- Assisting with record keeping, marketing and fundraising activities, designing presentations and educational materials.
- Assisting with the delivery of educational programs and tours.
- Assisting with research activities and data collection.
Interested applicants should complete the online application here.
After completing the online application, submit a current resume, cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Internships page on RAPTOR Inc.'s website.