Organization: Greenacres Foundation
UPDATE: Position is filled. Thank you for your interest.
The Greenacres Buildings and Grounds Manager will be a strategic thought-partner and report to the Greenacres Chief Operating Officer for matters relating to maintenance of all GAF physical assets, buildings, grounds and equipment. The successful candidate will have hands-on building and property management experience and has a proven track record successfully leading work crews.
Given the dynamic nature of the Greenacres Foundation Property and Mission, in addition to standard duties, this position may be called on to assist in any other activity that may further the Mission of the Greenacres Foundation.
Buildings and Grounds --Maintenance
- Plans, organizes and supervises the staff in the proper repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems, grounds maintenance and custodial services of all GAF buildings.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive preventive maintenance process/schedule for all GAF properties and equipment.
- Recommends replacement of equipment whenever necessary and evaluates new equipment for its capability and durability.
- Keeps records of all maintenance work and repairs.
- Oversees remodeling and renovation of buildings.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual department budget.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree and additional experience in building construction and maintenance fields.
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience.
- A successful candidate must have a proven track record of management using a “Dream It, Sell It, Implement It, Evaluate It” business model.
- A successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved with the maintenance, repair and operation of buildings and grounds.
- Excellent communication with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have and demonstrate common sense and the ability to develop excellent relationships.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, common sense and dedication to the mission of Greenacres.
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity, and hand-foot-eye coordination to perform all essential duties:
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to bend at waist; squat/crouch/kneel; climb; reach above shoulder level; push and pull; and use hands for repetitive action. Majority of time will be spent walking and standing with less time spent sitting.
May be called after regular working hours to respond to emergency maintenance and repair needs.