Organization: Green Umbrella
About the position: Director of Development and Marketing
Green Umbrella has a new Director opportunity to lead its Development and Marketing team. This new role will enable the organization to continue to build out its marketing and development strategy. The primary purpose of this position is to design and implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts and to broaden and stabilize the funding base, while communicating the organization’s mission, goals, and strategic direction to its audiences.
The position will focus on:
• Develop organization-wide and program-specific marketing and communication plans and campaigns in conjunction with the strategic plan and fundraising strategy
• Co-lead planning process for organization and its programs to understand annual priorities for marketing, events and fundraising
• Develop and ensure successful implementation of development plan
• Serve on the executive leadership team collaborating closely with Board of Trustees, Development Committee, Executive Leaders, Directors, and Staff
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelors in Communication, Marketing, Business, or related field of study; or equivalent work experience
• Five (5) years of professional experience in development or related position with proven ability to annually increase fund revenue
• Proven leadership/supervisory experience
• Exemplary interpersonal, oral and writing skills
• Strong ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
• Ability to analyze data in order to develop solicitation strategies and measure outcomes
• CFRE certification preferred
• Well-networked in the Greater Cincinnati community preferred
Pay range of $70,000 to $85,000 annually, commensurate with experience and hours worked
Why Work at Green Umbrella
• Rewarding Mission
• Generous Paid Time Off and Other Paid Leave Options (Holidays, Bereavement, Parental Bonding)
• Health Insurance (100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered (no waiting period)
• Flexible work schedule with hybrid office hours
At Green Umbrella, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. Lived experience is equally important as educational experience. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review will take place May 29, 2023 but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls please.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.