Organization: Clermont Soil & Water Conservation District
About the position:
The Urban Specialist is primarily responsible for inspecting construction sites to ensure compliance with Clermont County’s Water Management and Sediment Control (WMSC) Regulations. This includes inspections of erosion and sediment control practices, storm water management basins and other storm water management facilities. With an eye toward continuous improvement, ongoing professional development is an expectation via webinars, research articles, workshops, conferences and networking.
Reports To: District Director
Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 40 hours a week
Salary Range: $20.00/hour to $26.85/hour
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Inspect erosion and sediment control practices, storm water management basins and other storm water management facilities at construction sites requiring a WMSC permit.
- Coordinate with Building Inspection Department when scheduling inspections.
- Identify violations of WMSC Regulations in accordance with the procedures set forth in Clermont County’s Storm Water Management Plan. Communicate inspection findings with WMSC permittees, the SWCD Director and the Building Inspection Department.
- Respond to referral/complaints from the general public as related to the Clermont County WMSC Regulations and the Clermont County Flood Plain Regulations.
- Document all inspection activities and findings in Clermont County’s Energov database.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections of publicly and privately owned storm water best management practices after construction has been completed
- Assist with field mapping of storm sewer infrastructure in Clermont County
- Assist other District staff with the planning and implementation of special District events as needed.
- Develop reports for Board of Supervisors (monthly and additional as needed)
Experience/Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Knowledge of state and local storm water regulations, and erosion and sediment control inspector certification a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working outside in inclement weather conditions, over uneven terrain with possible exposure to various insects, plants and animals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-confident self-starter, goal oriented.
- Very well organized. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Proficient in using word processing and spreadsheet software, and willing to learn new applications.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- A valid Ohio driver’s license is required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume / CV and three references by April 7, 2023 to John McManus, District Director, detailing experience relevant to position requirements listed above.
Mail completed application to:
Clermont Soil & Water Conservation District
P.O. Box 549
Owensville, OH 45160
Or email ALL documents to email@example.com.
Find more information here.