Organization: Ohio River Foundation
About this position:
Ohio River Foundation, a regional conservation non-profit organization based in Cincinnati, OH, seeks an Education Programs Manager for its school education and summer programs. Our River Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom programs are offered to thousands of students in Cincinnati, Columbus, OH, and Lexington, KY. The manager will lead the growth of these programs and summer course, along with our very talented education staff.
- Develop and implement with ORF staff marketing plans and increase school participation in River Explorer and Mussels in the Classroom programs
- Lead and conduct ½ day experiential education field trips for 4th-12th grade students and special groups as part of the education team
- Manage education team and recruit, develop, and train new team members
- Lead and develop, with staff, our Student Conservation Leaders summer program
- Job requires local travel, and occasional travel to Greater Columbus and Greater Lexington
- This physically demanding position involves lifting supplies and equipment (up to 50 lbs.), and working in varied terrain in different weather conditions.
- Expand public education outreach on topics such as climate change and forever chemicals
- Represent ORF and its programs at events, including the Cincinnati Coffee Festival, teacher conferences, and other events
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience growing education programs
- 5 years of environmental education experience
- Experience developing standards-aligned curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on learning
- 5 years experience teaching K-12 students in informal and formal settings
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with a wide range of people including staff, teachers, community partners, students, and volunteers.
- Ability to work outdoors and complete physically demanding tasks
- Comfortable with standard software and programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Drive, Dropbox
- Degree in environmental science, education, or related field
- Strong communication skills desired
- Work self-directed and as team member
- General knowledge of environmental legislation and conservation issues
- Able to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to communicate in a professional, accurate, and enthusiastic manner
$45,000 - $50,000 DOE + Comprehensive benefits package (health, vacation, etc.)
Application Procedure:To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Ohio River Foundation
P.O. Box 42460
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Ohio River Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More information can be found here.