Organization: Agraria Center for Regenerative Practice
About this position:
This position requires strong writing, communication, and research skills; the ability to work within a team and independently; a passion for Agraria’s mission; and the ability to organize multiple projects and meet deadlines. The Grants Manager will cultivate existing and new relationships with funders and work closely with Agraria Administrative and Program staff to turn project ideas and accomplishments into compelling requests for support, reports, and communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Identify and research institutional funding sources; including foundations, state and federal government agencies, and corporations.
- Draft letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and corporate sponsorship packages. Revise and edit material written by senior and program staff. Write grant reports. Draft and edit other Development materials as needed.
- Meet with team leads to discuss funding priorities and draft project descriptions for funding purposes.
- Manage the Americorps VISTA and YSCF Miller Fellow programs
- Ensure corporate sponsorship benefits are delivered.
- Maintain a calendar of proposal and report deadlines, and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain grant records in the donor database (Donor Perfect).
- Provide occasional support for Development mailings (query database, prepare mailing lists, etc.)
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with Agraria donors, volunteers, board, and staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Contribute to organizational visioning, evaluation, and strategic planning.
- Other duties as required to support the overall smooth functioning of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience in a nonprofit organization, preferably in a Development role
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills - ability to write clear and compelling communications to inform and persuade
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and to complete detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge and experience with PC-based computer systems, Microsoft or Google Suite, email and video conferencing software such as Zoom & Google Meet
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or commensurate experience
- Proficiency with fundraising software/donor databases, preferably DonorPerfect
- Genuine passion for Agraria’s mission, and a desire to share that with others
- Candidates must be motivated self-starters with constructive, clear communication skills and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to think critically and make decisions based on available information
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Interest in helping with projects outside of defined job responsibilities such as, but not limited to, gardening projects, events, occasional weekend work, and educational programs.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your resume, a letter of interest and two professional references to Assistant Director of Development, Naomi Bongorno, at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. First review will begin October 10, 2022.
More information can be found here.