Organization: Contemporary Arts Center
About this position:
Reports To: Front Desk and Store Manager
Position Status: Part-Time, non-exempt
Compensation: $13 per hour
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Working under the guidance of the Front Desk and Store Manager, the Visitor Experience Associate provides assistance for all museum visitors and staff. The Visitor Experience Associate is responsible for welcoming all visitors, processing sales transactions, answering the telephones, and connecting inquiries with the appropriate staff member(s). The Visitor Experience Associate will be an individual who demonstrates an ability to work well with others, values teamwork, and represents the museum by offering exceptional service to all visitors and staff. This is a part time position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
VISITOR EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that visitor’s needs are properly attended to and provide information for exhibitions, store products, events, programs, and memberships. Demonstrate exemplary ability to engage the public and handle customer service/ visitor challenges for positive outcomes.
- Operate the cash drawer for the CAC Store and Admissions, including opening and closing the drawers, and processing cash, credit, and check transactions through the Point of Sale System (POS).
- Drives store sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Promptly answers incoming calls from the CAC general telephone line, appropriately directing calls to the correct people.
- Assists in tour scheduling and data collection for tours when they arrive.
- Attend CAC staff meetings and exhibition training as required, and stays up-to-date on current exhibits, tour information, general CAC information, and Visitor Experience staff functions.
- Maintain a clean work space in the CAC Store and Admissions desk, including merchandise: polishes silver, washes glassware and cleans other store inventory as needed.
- Distribute as well as restock CAC print materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and is prepared to work where assigned.
- Arrive at the designated work location promptly and in time to serve visitors and staff.
ALL OF THESE DUTIES ARE TO BE DONE WITH OVERALL CAC BUSINESS IN MIND. THE PERSON IN THIS POSITION WILL BE CONSCIOUS OF CAC PROGRAMS, EXHIBITION, CAC POLICY AND PROCEDURES, AND SOCIAL IMPACT GOALS.
- Experience in customer service
- Exceptional people, communication, and sales skills, and an ability to multi-task and remain calm in a high-pace environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, and proactive
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, fax and copy machines, and printers
- Experience working with a POS system
Please send cover letter and resume by October 7th, 2022 to Aly Laughlin:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Contemporary Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran, or disability status.
ABOUT THE CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER:
The Contemporary Arts Center brings art and the creative process to all people throughexhibitions, performances, and experiences that open minds.
The CAC will champion open minds and foster an inclusive culture by using contemporary art and mutual learning as vehicles for connecting people, cultivating creativity, and catalyzing curiosity.
- Art has the power to create change by engaging with the issues of our time.
- We must be a civic and community hub for open conversation and artistic expression.
- Embracing diverse perspectives benefits everyone.
- As a non-collecting institution, we must evolve and take risks.
- Supporting artists, and making them accessible to our communities, drives empathy, creativity, and critical thinking.
More information can be found here.