Looking for a Development Manager to join a forward-thinking, growing Cincinnati non-profit that makes our region cleaner, safer, healthier and more connected. Our mission is to empower all Cincinnatians to build community and create a positive future through neighborhood revitalization, education and mobilization. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees, particularly the Development Committee to ensure that KCB has the resources to meet its mission and long-range growth goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to create and execute a Development Plan which increases brand awareness to support the strategic direction of KCB.
- Organize and lead all agency events, working with KCB staff, Development Committee, vendors and community partners to ensure the success of the event. Quarterback event logistics to ensure maximum revenue and participant satisfaction.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations. Prepare and submit grant requests and report forms in collaboration with program staff.
- Develop and execute a major gifts campaign for the organization. Prospect and cultivate major donors.
- Manage and input donor information, generate necessary reports for the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees.
- Create and execute a strategy for donor cultivation and retention.
- Oversee organization of special events with KCCB Staff and Board of Trustees.
- Develop and execute matching gifts program and corporate giving program.
- Support and grow Board of Trustees fundraising capability and performance.
- Design and execute a volunteer to donor conversion program in collaboration with Volunteer Programs.
- Design and execute tiered donor recognition program.
- Establish strategic plan to communicate with donors including cadence, form and content.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working directly with a volunteer Board of Trustees.
- Successful donor cultivation and solicitation experience and aptitude for planning and executing a fundraising campaign.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Appreciation and respect for the confidentiality of highly personal information.
- Driven self-starter dedicated to making everything she/touches to be the best it can be.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Respectful – We take great pride in our team, therefore start with a foundation of trust and respect.
- Problem Solver – We anticipate problems, seek new solutions, and always do our best.
- Community Minded – We take great pride in our work and community.
- Mindful – Practice warmth and genuine connection with others.
- Relentless – We love life and work and know our purpose in it.
- Team Player – We step up and ask, “How can I help?”
- Clear Communications – We value open and honest communication as a means of creating efficiency, understanding and progress.
- Reliable – We hold ourselves and others to high standards and are serious about our culture.
- Inclusive – We celebrate diversity and welcome inclusivity to foster belonging.
- Trustworthy – We say what we mean and do what we say.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in development, including working knowledge and experience with individual, foundation and corporate giving.