Organization - Outdoor Adventure Clubs of Greater Cincinnati
Do you have a passion for service, enjoy outdoor activities, and want to make a difference in kids’ lives?
Then this opportunity is for you! Join a growing non-profit organization with a focus on providing outdoor experiences to urban youth. OAC was founded in 2013 with adventure clubs in 4 high schools. Today we serve hundreds of urban youth monthly in 24 schools in the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area. We continue to grow, with ever-increasing demands to expand our programs throughout the community.
Join us in our mission to get more urban teens out into nature for healthy outdoor recreation, education, and conservation opportunities - at no expense to participants. More information about OAC can be found at: http://www.outdooradventureclubs.org.
The Executive Director is the chief executive officer of Outdoor Adventure Clubs of Greater Cincinnati (OAC). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan aligned with the mission of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
2) Fundraising and Financial Performance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
3) Organization Operations: Supervises and manages all necessary resources supporting execution of day to day operations.
Personal & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Nonprofit experience including personnel and volunteer management
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of OAC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- A passion for the outdoors as well as engaging and mentoring teens
- Knowledge/experience of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Knowledge/experience of grant writing and application processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate and motivate board members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular strong public speaking ability
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Proficiency in working with people from diverse ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds
1) Serving as OAC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
2) Organizing events, managing grant applications and raising funds necessary to support the mission of OAC
3) Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of OAC throughout the region
4) Strategic planning and implementation of OAC programs
5) Planning, management and execution of the annual budget
6) Supervising and collaborating with organization staff (Marketing Director and Program Managers) and volunteers to deliver OAC programs and events
7) Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of the organization
8) Establishing and maintaining relationships with various organizations throughout the region and utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance OAC’s Mission
9) Developing and implementing marketing/communications strategies in conjunction with the Marketing Director
10) Reviewing and approving contracts for services
11) All other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Full-time position
- Ability to routinely work Saturdays and some evening events
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Posting open until November 10, 2017
- Start Date: January 2, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please submit resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com